Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Polaris Industries Sportsman® 450 H.O. Sage Green
Best Cycle Center
Sportsman® 450 H.O. Sage Green
- NEW! Powerful 33 Horsepower ProStar®Engine
- Legendary Independent Rear Suspension with 9.5" of Travel
- Lock & Ride® Rack with Integrated Steel Tie Downs
- Sportsman® 450 H.O. Vs. Honda® Rancher: When it comes to a hard working and smooth riding recreation and utlity ATV look no further than the Sportsman 450 H.O. Compared to Honda® Rancher® the choice is clear. Sportsman delivers more power, more towing, more hauling and a more comfortable ride making it a far superior value.
- True On-Demand All Wheel Drive: Polaris Sportsman, the best selling automatic 4x4. The AWD engages all four tires when the rear wheels slip and you need more forward traction. Reverts back to 2WD when you don’t. Its simple and doesn't require pushing any extra buttons or pulling levers like the competition.
- Hard Working Combined 270 Lbs. Rack Capacity: Carry more with a combined front and rear rack capacity of 270 lbs (180 lbs. Rear, 90 lbs. Front capacity). Sportsman 450 H.O. features flat racks and integrated steel tie downs to easily tie down and secure cargo.
- Integrated Front Storage: The most integrated storage of any ATV. The 6.5 gallon capacity lets you stow-away loads of gear and still have access to it, even with items tied to the deck.
- Lock & Ride Storage System: The Polaris Sportsman Lock and Ride Accessory system allows you to adapt on the fly and accessorize your ATV to tackle any task you throw at it. Sportsman ATVs have hundreds of Lock and Ride accessories to convert your vehicle from a trail machine, to the ultimate work or hunt machine in just seconds. When you need an ATV that can adapt to any task, you need a Sportsman.
- Integrated Winch & Plow Mounts: Sportsman's® Integrated Winch & Plow Mount System allows you to install or remove your plow system in under a minute without the need for big bulky mounts, leaving you with full factory ground clearance for the trail.
- High Ground Clearance: A full 10.5" of obstacle-clearing off-road ground clearance lets you tackle some of the toughest terrain that comes your way.
- Legendary Smooth Independent Rear Suspension (IRS): Sportsman's® Legendary Smooth Independent Rear Suspension System gives you 9.5" of wheel travel for the best ride, provides maximum traction thanks to the camber change and best handling with the integrated torsion bar.
- Easy To Operate Single Lever Brakes: Sportsman 450 H.O. makes braking easy with single handed operation using a Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc system that automatically applies braking force to the front and rear wheels. For rear wheel braking Sportsman 450 H.O. features a hydraulic rear foot brake.
- Comfort & Ergonomics: Sportsman comes standard with its contoured seat, optimized foam formulation and STX vinyl which provides all weather comfort. Spacious, flat footwells with integrated traction elements ensure solid footing.
- Tough As Steel: Get the essentials and get to work. Gear up with an easy on, easy off Lock & Ride® Rear Cargo Box, and take on obstacles with a set of brushguards or a Polaris® HD Winch. No matter what your day brings, you can conquer any task.
- Pull Your Weight: Polaris® PRO HD & HD Winches provide the extreme durability you would expect from the off-road leader. Our winches and installation kits are built to fit right with your machine and are fully sealed, so no matter what you encounter you know your winch will work on command.
- All-Around Work Horse: A read pattern designed to withstand anything from the farm yard, to the pastures to the trail. With 10-Ply it can carry the load day-in and day-out.
- Keep It Ice Cold: Polaris Northstar® coolers survive just about anything - from extreme heat to a full-on bear attack. Ice will stay cold for hours on end, and anything inside will stay locked up tight.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Active Descent Control: No
- Cooling: Liquid
- Drive System Type: True On-Demand AWD/2WD
- Engine Braking System (EBS): No
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Horsepower (HP): 31 HP
- Transmission/Final Drive: Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 500cc
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke OHC Single Cylinder
- Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut With 8.2" (20.8 cm) Travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual A-Arm, IRS 9.5" (24.1 cm) Travel
- Front/Rear Brakes: Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
- Parking Brake: Park in Transmission / Lockable Hand Lever
Tires / Wheels
- Front Tires: 24X8-12, NS388
- Rear Tires: 24X10-12, NS388
- Wheels: Stamped Steel
- Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H): N.A.
- Front/Rear Rack or Box Capacity: 90 lb(40.8 kg)/180 lb(81.6 kg)
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 4.5 gal (17.0 L)
- Ground Clearance: 10.5" (26.6 cm)
- Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H): 83 x 48 x 47" (210.8 x 121.9 x 119.4 cm)
- Payload Capacity: 485 lb. (220 kg )
- Person Capacity: 1
- Seat Height: 33.25" (84.5 cm)
- Wheelbase: 50.5" (128.3 cm)
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 685 lb (311 kg)
- Cargo System: Lock & Ride, 6 Gal (23 L) Front Dry Storage, 2 Gal (8 L) Rear Storage
- Color / Graphics: Sage Green
- Electronic Power Steering: N.A.
- Hitch Towing Rating: 1,225 lb (555.7 kg)
- Hitch Type: Standard/1.25" Receiver
- Instrumentation: Analog Speedometer, Digital Odometer, Tachometer, Two Tripmeters, Hour Meter, Clock, Service Indicator, Diagnostic Indicator, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlet
- Lighting: 50w High Beam, Dual 50w Low Beam Headlights; Dual Brakelights/Taillights
- Other Standard Features: N.A.
NOTES:ATVs can be hazardous to operate and are not intended for on-road use. Polaris adult models are for riders age 16 and older. For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing, and be sure to take a safety training course. For information call 800-342-3764. Check local laws before riding on trails. ©2016 Polaris Industries Inc.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke OHC Single Cylinder
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- MacPherson Strut With 8.2" (20.8 cm) Travel
- Front Brake Type
- Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
- Front Tires
- 24X8-12, NS388
- Rear Suspension
- Dual A-Arm, IRS 9.5" (24.1 cm) Travel
- Rear Brake Type
- Single Lever 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake
- Rear Tires
- 24X10-12, NS388
- Dry Weight
- 685 lb (311 kg)
- Front Rack Capacity
- 90 lb(40.8 kg)
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 180 lb(81.6 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 1,225 lb (555.7 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal (17.0 L)
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5" (26.6 cm)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 83 x 48 x 47" (210.8 x 121.9 x 119.4 cm)
- 50.5" (128.3 cm)
- Drive Train
- True On-Demand AWD/2WD
- Final Drive
- Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H
- 50w High Beam, Dual 50w Low Beam Headlights; Dual Brakelights/Taillights
- Sage Green