Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Honda CB1000R
The Beauty of Simplicity
The Honda CB1000R is the kind of motorcycle that believes in rolling up its sleeves and getting the job done. No excuses, hardly any bodywork, its chassis and engine are out front and center for the whole world to see. And that’s exactly the way a whole brand of riders like it. Because with a CB1000R, nothing gets between you and your connection with the machine you’re riding. Its clean, essentials-only layout perfectly frames a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc engine that’s overflowing with loads of right-now power. The unique chassis incorporates a single-sided swingarm with a high performance single-shock rear suspension that helps make this bike stand out as well as perform. Some might call it a naked bike. Some might say it’s an open-class street fighter. We just think it’s an awesome motorcycle for whose who like their bikes served straight up.
The Heart of the Matter: The CB1000R is built around a superbike-strong 998cc DOHC inline four engine that’s perfect for street riding, with plenty of torque and power on tap. Since it’s a four cylinder, it’s plenty smooth for longer rides too.
A Solid Foundation: The CB1000R offers exceptional handling, thanks to a Gravity Die Cast mono-backbone aluminum chassis that’s light and strong. A fully adjustable inverted fork and adjustable Pro-Link rear suspension with a single-sided swing arm further refine the handling package.
Cut Good Looks: It’d be a shame to cover up an engine like the CB1000R’s, so we’ve put it out front and center so you and everyone else can enjoy it. Then our designers gave the CB1000R just enough styling touches (side radiator shrouds, fork-mounted cowl fairing, cast aluminum four-spoke wheels) to really set it apart. Check it out—everyone else will.
- 998cc DOHC Engine: The CB1000R uses a 998cc inline-four engine based on a previous generation CBR1000RR, but is tuned to produce more torque and horsepower in the midrange and bottom end—the perfect combination for a machine like this.
- PGM-FI Fuel Injection: The CB1000R's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) ensures crisp throttle response and both low- and high-rpm performance. In addition, there's no choke to mess with, and the CB1000R runs perfectly at all altitudes and temperatures, even on cold mornings.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Looks great, sounds great, and helps increase performance: how's that for a win-win-win situation? The four-into-one header with its flowing pipes pays homage to classic Honda inline fours of the 1970s like the CB400 Supersport. Some things just never go out of style.
- Gravity Die-Cast Aluminum Mono-Backbone Frame: Gravity Die-Cast technology gives the CB1000R a chassis that's strong, but light. The single backbone architecture links the steering head to the swingarm pivot, but without any frame spars to interrupt the CB1000R's lines.
- Single-Sided Swingarm: Proven on Honda's endurance racebikes, the CB1000R's single-sided swingarm not only looks awesome, but makes rear-wheel maintenance easier as well.
- Fully Adjustable 43mm Inverted Fork: A bike as powerful as the CB1000R needs top-notch suspension components. That's why we gave it a stout, large-diameter 43mm inverted fork that's fully adjustable. And it's also one of the reasons why the CB1000R handles so well.
- Radial Front-Brake Calipers: The CB1000R's radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers are stiffer, for better brake feel and performance. Each caliper uses four pistons that squeeze lightweight 310mm floating discs for exceptional stopping power.
- Adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers: CB1000R's adjustable brake and clutch levers let you fine tune for the riding environment, and tailor fit the controls to your riding style.
- All Digital Instrumentation: CB1000R's high-tech, all-digital instrument display features tachometer plus LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock, mpg and average fuel consumption.
- LED Position Light: Uniquely styled, the LED Position Light is a compelling design feature that shows everyone that this is not any ordinary motorcycle. It's a Honda.
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 75 mm x 56.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 36 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 0-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.0 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 99 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 56.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 485 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal., including 1.0-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 37 MPG
- Model Id: CB1000R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black/Red
- Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 75 mm x 56.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 36 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 56.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 99 mm (3.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 37 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 485 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 0-ring-sealed chain