Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Harley-Davidson® XL883N Iron 883™ - Color Option
Sale: Save $200.00 now until 10/31/2019
Best Cycle Center
XL883N Iron 883™ - Color Option
- Side-Mounted License Plate: True to the clean, fast lines of the bike, the side-mounted license plate leaves the rear fender surface smooth and uncluttered. Minimal and unique—every inch of the Iron 883™ motorcycle is styled to perfection to achieve a raw, custom look.
- Stop-Turn-Tail Lights: Old school looks meet new-school engineering. Black, retro-style bullet taillights combine functionality to work twice as hard—stop beams and running lights plus turn indicators in two low-profile rear lamps. This eliminates the need for extra lights, creating a clean, minimal look.
- Blacked Out Look: The Iron 883™ model is the anti-chrome motorcycle—decked in black from front to back with a defiant attitude that embraces the pure essence of riding. Black powder-coated 883cc engine with black rocker covers. Black chopped fenders that show off a lot of rubber. Black front forks with gators add an old-school look. Black oil tank cover, belt guard and drag bars. And black cast aluminum wheels that shoot Iron 883™ motorcycle into the modern rebel culture and keeps the rebellious fire burning with plenty of freedom for customization.
- Classic Peanut Fuel Tank: As one of the defining features of Harley-Davidson® Sportster® models for decades, the classic 3.3 gallon tapered peanut fuel tank still holds strong today with its traditional styling and modern attitude. Following the line of the bike from front to back, the peanut tank angles down just right into the solo Sportster seat. Attitude and looks all balled up into one.
- Drag-Style Handlebar: The low-rise, slammed black drag-style handlebar and black finish hand controls add to the stripped down, minimal look of the Iron 883™ motorcycle. Born at the drag strip, the drag-style handlebar is an old school garage feature that puts you in a forward, aggressive riding position.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 883cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson® Styling: Feast your eyes on the 883cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders, cylinder heads and rocker covers complete the dark look while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 883cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- New Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why for 2014 we gave the brake system of each Sportster model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm, and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons, and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, new all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road, and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why we’re proud to introduce optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) on all Sportster models. ABS improves overall braking performance, and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- New Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing the new hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added new features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch on keyless models. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson a Harley-Davidson.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every 2014 Sportster model is a new body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a new voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the 2014 Sportster® motorcycles are wired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- New Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards, and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson riders. The new closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, new durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Tach and Gear Indicator Readout: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. This year the Sportster® models get a new speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer you can activate with your trip switch. Now you've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Low Seat & Slammed Suspension: The combination of a lowered front and rear suspension together with a low, narrow solo seat—just 25.7 inches high—provides comfort and confidence for riders of all sizes and experience. A responsive ride for whipping through town or busting out onto the interstate.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Mid-Mounted Controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the Iron 883™ model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Length: 88.8 in. (2,255 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.7 in. (653 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.9 in. (735 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.5
- Trail: 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.5 in. (1,510 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 562 lb. (255 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3 in. (76.2 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 53.9 cu in (883 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.41
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.531
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.584
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.931
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered shorty with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, 13-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, 13-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 53.8 ft-lb (73 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 29
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 30
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 51 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 53.9 cu.in. (883 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in. (76.2 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 100/90B19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.5 in. (1,510 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.7 in. (653 mm); Unladen: 28.9 in. (735 mm)
- 30.5 deg.
- 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- 51 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Black Denim, Sand Cammo Denim, Amber Whiskey