Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Honda Gold Wing Audio Comfort
Plan to Go Everywhere.
Riders all across the globe dream of owning a Honda Gold Wing. Because they know it’s a machine that can make your riding dreams come true. Of course there’s the Gold Wing’s list of features, second to none in the touring-bike community. But most of all it’s just because the Gold Wing sets the standards in just about every touring category: comfort, reliability, performance, handling, and passenger accommodations. In addition to its sleek bodywork, integrated luggage and horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine, we recently updated the audio and navigation systems, and added integrated iPod® connectivity and the ability to upload trips to the navi system from your home computer.
For 2013, we're bringing back the iconic Ultra Blue Metallic paint scheme and adding three dynamic new colors: Candy Red, Grey Metallic, and Light Silver Metallic!
Trip Planner: You can plan trip routes on your home computer and upload them into your Gold Wing’s available navi system. You can share your trips with friends, or download routes from others. And when you’re using your navi system, you’ll notice improvements like a lane guidance/junction view feature, and a GPS receiver that captures satellite signals faster.
More is Better: Sleek bodywork provides superior wind protection. Also included is iPod® connectivity, so you’ll be able to enjoy your adventure even more.
- Modern Styling: The Gold Wing's new design aims for a more integrated appearance, with a sporting edge and visual flow line linking the front to the rear, and a new, integrated taillight and saddlebag treatment. Other touches include redesigned front fascia and air intake, blacked-out headlight garnish, and new instrument panel fonts and design.
- Advanced Ride Quality: Suspension settings revised through repeated testing and your feedback are a part of the reason your new Gold Wing offers handling that can put many a sportbike to shame. Gold Wings have always offered the best overall handling of any touring machine, but these new settings really improve things when you decide to dial it up a notch.
- 1832cc Liquid-cooled, Fuel-injected Engine: The Gold Wing's fuel-injected, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is exceptionally smooth and incredibly powerful. This time-tested powerplant delivers plenty of useable power, using regular unleaded fuel. And to eliminate crankshaft-induced torque reaction at the chassis, the gearbox spins opposite the crank's rotation—an elegant solution, and a typical Gold Wing engineering touch.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Pro-Arm Rear Swingarm: The Gold Wing's MotoGP-inspired single-sided cast-aluminum swingarm is super-rigid and lightweight, with reduced unsprung weight, delivering sharper, sportier handling. Its unique Pro-Arm design mates up with Honda's patented Pro-Link® rear suspension, featuring electronically adjustable hydraulic preload settings for various riding and load conditions.
- Heated Grips/Seat: Heated grips, a heated rider's seat, and a heated passenger seat/backrest, all with individual rider and passenger controls. There's even a foot-warming system for cold mornings!
- Lockable Glovebox: For added convenience, a center-mounted lockable glove box boosts the cockpit area storage capacity to 2.8 liters.
- Adjustable Windscreen: Our sturdy, ratcheting windscreen adjustment system provides six settings over nearly four inches of travel.
- Advanced Wind and Weather Protection: The 2013 Gold Wing's layered-surface bodywork does more than just look great. We took the opportunity to fine-tune the rider and passenger environment. There's appreciably more wind and weather protection around your lower legs, so you'll experience less buffeting and warmer legs on those cool days.
- Advanced Seat Cover and Urethane Seat Material: The best seat in the house just got better. Both the rider and passenger will feel the difference that our new urethane seat material makes. The waterproof cover also features a new, sportier, custom perforated look too. A day in the saddle never felt so good!
- Enhanced Storage Capacity: When we redesigned the new Gold Wing's bodywork, we took the opportunity to increase the storage capacity in the saddlebags by seven liters, upping total capacity to over 150 liters including trunk and fairing pockets.
- Clear-Coated Wheels: Our wheels are clear-coated from the factory for an improved appearance and easier cleaning.
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Checking tire pressure can be a hassle—except when you're riding a Gold Wing with our Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). A pair of monitors keep track of both front and rear tire pressures, and the dashboard readout is updated once per minute. They'll send you an alert if either tire is significantly underinflated.
- Audio System with Surround Sound: Featuring a surround-sound system that's tuned exclusively for the Gold Wing. When using the speakers (SRS CS Auto*), the audio image is enhanced along with deep low tones, producing a powerful surround sound. When using the headsets (SRS Headphone**), you'll hear a three-dimensional sound field brimming with realistic sound. (SRS CS Auto* and SRS Headphone** are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc.) (Some local governments may prohibit the use of a headset by the operator of a motor vehicle. Always obey applicable laws and regulations.)
- iPod® Connectivity: Now you can connect a compatible Apple® iPod® player or other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files, and control them through the Gold Wing's audio controls. The connector is located in the lockable trunk, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
- Engine Type: 1832cc Liquid-Cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 74mm x 71mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 130/70R-18
- Rear Tire: 180/60R-16
- Rake: 29.15 deg.
- Trail: 109mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 904-933 lb., depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 35 MPG - Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model Id: GL1800
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Ultra Blue Metallic, Candy Red, Light Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic
- Three Years: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Horizontally opposed six-cylinder; SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- 1832 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74 mm x 71 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
- Front Suspension
- 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual full-floating 296mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single ventilated 316mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 66.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.1 in.
- 29.15 deg.
- 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- 35 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 904-933 lb.
- Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
- Final Drive
- Ultra Blue Metallic, Candy Red, Light Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic
- Three Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.